How To Make Pancakes
There’s nothing like enjoying a great tasting cup of coffee alongside a stack of homemade pancakes. Now, we’re not talking about the kind you make from a box mix. No, we’re talking about pancakes made from scratch. Even if you don’t know how to make pancakes, the following recipe will make it very easy for you and your family to enjoy great tasting pancakes. This recipe is so easy and so good, you’ll be wondering why you didn’t learn how to make pancakes before this.
How To Make Pancakes Ultimate Guide
Quick and Simple
When comes to how to make pancakes you’ll be happy to know that recipe is quick and easy to make. Prep time takes just five minutes and it only takes a total of 20 minutes to whip up four servings of these great tasting pancakes. It’s important to note that when you are learning how to make pancakes that you follow the directions completely and make sure that you have all the right ingredients when learning how to make pancakes.
Pancake Recipe Ingredients
Here is the list of ingredients you’ll need when learning how to make pancakes from scratch:
- 1 cup of flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Another tablespoon of vegetable oil
When using this recipe for learning how to make pancakes you can choose from a variety of toppings for your pancakes such as butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar, honey, preserves, jam, whipped cream, or chocolate syrup.
Directions on How to Make Pancakes
- Preheat your oven to 200° F and make sure to have a baking sheet or a heatproof platter that’s ready to keep your cooked pancakes on to keep them nice and warm in your oven. Then in a small bowl, whisk together your flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder, then set these ingredients aside while learning how to make pancakes.
- Now take a medium bowl and whisk together your milk, melted butter or vegetable oil, and then add the egg. After you’ve done this part when learning how to make pancakes you will want to add your dry ingredients to your milk mixture and then whisk together until the dry ingredients are moistened. When learning how to make pancakes you don’t want to over mix and a few small lumps are just fine to have in your batter.
- The next thing you’ll want to do when learning how to make pancakes is to heat up a big skillet that is either cast iron or non-stick, or you can use a griddle that is turned on medium. Ne, t take a paper towel and fold it in half and then moisten it with some vegetable oil and then carefully rub the skillet with the paper towel.
- When learning how to make pancakes make sure that each pancake is only made up of two to three tablespoons of the batter and then spoon onto the griddle or skillet. You should be able to put two or three pancakes in one large skillet.
- When you are learning how to make pancakes it’s important that you pay close attention to the pancakes while they’re cooking. You should cook them until the surface of the pancakes have some bubbles in them and a few of them have popped. This takes about one to two minutes. Once this has happened flip your pancakes with a thin spatula and then cook them until they are browned on their underside. This should take another one to two minutes more. Then transfer the pancakes to a platter or baking sheet, cover them loosely with some foil and keep them warm in your oven. Continue until you’ve used up all the batter. This recipe should make 12 to 15 pancakes. Serve them warm with whatever toppings you want.
PANCAKE Recipe Variations
Even if you’re just learning how to make pancakes you can still make different varieties of pancakes. Below you’ll find a few variations you can make:
- Buttermilk Pancakes – In step one of this recipe add ½ teaspoon of baking soda to the dry mixture. Then in step two replace your milk with low-fat buttermilk.
- Yogurt Pancakes – In step one, add ½ teaspoon of baking soda to the dry mixture. In step two you’ll want to replace your milk with 2/3 cup of plain low-fat yogurt and 1/3 cup of milk.
- Whole Grain With Yogurt – In step one replace your regular flour with a ½ a cup of whole wheat flour, ¼ cup of cornmeal and ¼ cup of wheat germ and add ½ teaspoon of baking soda. In the second step replace your milk with 2/3 cup of plain low-fat yogurt and 1/3 cup of milk.
- Adding Fruit – If you want to add fruit to your pancakes make sure to put the fruit on top of the batter right after you’ve poured it on the griddle or in the skillet. This helps to distribute the fruit evenly.
So there you go, one simple pancake recipe that should easily teach you how to make pancakes that will please everyone in your family.
How To Make The Best Pancakes You Ever Had Video Instructions
WHAT TO READ NEXT: