How To Make French Toast
There’s nothing like having a great breakfast while enjoying a good cup of coffee. Sometimes you might not want to have cereal, or bacon and eggs or even pancakes, so why not go with some great homemade French toast? If you’ve never made French toast, you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to learn how to make French toast.
How To Make French Toast
Quick Summary on How to Make French Toast
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Beat some eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Reduce your heat to medium-low.
- Take bread and dip it into the bowl of egg mixture making sure to coat both sides.
- Put the egg-coated bread in the heated pan and fry for about 45 seconds on both sides.
- Serve right away.
Ingredients for How to Make French Toast
There are a couple of simple ways you can learn how to make French toast.
Fried French Toast (the most common way to learn how to make french toast)
- Use one egg for every two slices of bread you are using.
- Non-stick cooking spray, olive oil, or butter/margarine.
- Cinnamon, season to your taste.
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract or almond essence.
- Minimum of six slices of bread of your choice.
- Any desired toppings you want.
- Two tablespoons of milk per egg.
DIY: French Toast – Toppings
Toppings to Choose When Learning How to Make French Toast
- Your favorite fruit
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh lemon or lime juice
- Favorite dried fruit
- Chocolate spread
- Brown sugar
How To Make French Toast By Frying It
Directions on How to Make French Toast by Frying It
- Put your skillet on your stove burner on medium-high heat. Then spray with non-stick spray, or use olive oil, margarine, or butter so your bread won’t stick to the skillet. Spread the oil, margarine, or butter over the skillet and wipe up any excess. It’s important to remember to do this when you are learning how to make french toast.
- Crack however many eggs you are using into a medium-size bowl. Next add the milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Beat these ingredients together with a whisk or a fork. When learning how to make french toast it might be easier to use a wire whisk if you have one.
- Now turn down the heat to medium-low once the pan is hot enough.
- Take your bread and dip it into the egg mixture. When learning how to make french toast make sure that both sides have enough egg mixture on them before putting the bread in the skillet.
- Put each slice of bread in your heated skillet and cook each side for about 45 seconds.
- Serve your French toast immediately and add whatever topping you want.
DIY: Making French Toast in the Microwave
How to Make French Toast in the Microwave
If you want, when learning how to make French toast, you can choose to cook the french toast in your microwave instead of frying it in a skillet.
When learning how to make french toast in your microwave you’ll make the egg mixture just the same as you would for fried french toast. Take your bread and soak in the egg mixture for 30 seconds or less. When learning how to make french toast make sure that you don’t soak the bread too long or it will be too soggy and will break apart.
Take one piece of your French toast and put it on a microwavable safe plate and put the plate in the microwave. Then turn your microwave on high and cook for one to three minutes or until the egg on the bread is thoroughly cooked. Flip the bread over and continue to microwave until the french toast is fully cooked. Then serve with your favorite toppings.
WHAT TO READ NEXT: